App Developer (Python)
We are currently looking for an App Developer with Python skills to join our growing team. The position is on an initial contract basis for 9 months with a strong likelihood for extensions into multiyear renewals.
The role is working with our client who is a global biotechnology leader focusing on Therapeutics and Drug discovery. You will be part of this innovative and dynamic team that are working on a scientific mission designing, developing, and supporting a cloud-based scientific software environment and infrastructure for data collection, integration, and analysis.
The successful candidate will collaborate with cross-department scientists and data professionals to enable the discovery and development of novel medicines.
This position is fully remote.
- Will be supporting R&D platform teams that need help customizing analysis tools
- Write user stories and acceptance test criteria for features and detailed functional& non-functional requirements for the R&D team
- Review code and design on various aspects like extensibility, scalability, security, design patterns etc. and ensure that all relevant best practices are followed
- Contribute to the architecture of the system, take responsibility for the quality and stability of the product by getting hands-on with code and design reviews, debugging complex issues, among other things
- Develop and automate business solutions by creating new and modifying existing software applications
- Develop innovation, strategies, processes, and best practices
- Leverage your Python skills to provide technical support to team, help the R&D team in resolving technical issues
- Analyse and troubleshoot application issues in a timely fashion
- Assist in risk assessment and mitigation activities
- Participate in planning and estimation sessions
- Document the design, development, and delivery of technical solutions
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of operations, processes, and business objectives, transfer this knowledge to other team members and utilise on projects and tasks
- Work in proximity with team leads; collaborating across departments to achieve targets
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail and an ability to work to deadlines
- Effective communication with management and team leads
Qualifications and Skills
- Good experience writing Python code in support of lab scientists. Scientific domain knowledge isn’t required but may be preferred.
- Experience with chemistry tools, and or genomics concepts.
- BS in a relevant field (e.g. engineering, mathematics, physics, chemistry or biology)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Superior time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good problem-solving skills
- Beneficial but not essential to have direct experience in Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology or Life Science.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team.
What’s in it for you
- The opportunity to work in an exciting and novel environment on drug discovery and the development of life-changing medicines.
- An attractive and rewarding remuneration package
- The chance to be a part of the award winning Idiro team, gaining hands-on experience and training with our in-house team of Data Scientists, Analysts and Engineers.
- Access to other placements with our sought-after clients across multiple industries within Finance, Telco, Pharmaceutical and Retail.
Working with us
- Idiro is a dynamic technology company and a pioneer in the domain of analytics; by working with Idiro you will be at the cutting edge of machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI).
- We are very happy to reward success and so, with Idiro, you will have an opportunity to craft your career in a flexible and supportive environment.
- Idiro supports flexible working.
Idiro Analytics helps companies transform their data into revenue and growth. We operate at the cutting edge of technology delivering advanced analytics solutions including machine learning and AI technologies to help companies understand and predict customer behaviour.
Idiro Analytics is a diverse, tolerant, and supportive workplace – we welcome applications from women, ethnic minorities, members of the LGBT community, people with disabilities or any other sector of society who have suffered, or continue to suffer, discrimination.