Data Engineer (BioTechnology)
We are currently looking for a Data Engineer with strong architecture skills to join our growing team. The position is on an initial contract basis for 9 months with a strong likelihood for extensions into multiyear renewals. The role is working with our client who is a global biotechnology leader focusing on Therapeutics and Drug discovery.
You will be part of a Data team that are working on a scientific mission designing, developing, and supporting a cloud-based scientific software environment and infrastructure for data collection, integration, and analysis.
The successful candidate will collaborate with cross-department scientists and data professionals to enable the discovery and development of novel medicines.
- Strategically develop comprehensive data architectures that match the client’s scientific strategy and vision.
- Implement and maintain pipelines processing complex scientific data.
- Ensure structured and unstructured data and metadata is optimised for downstream use cases enabling core scientific capabilities.
To do this you will need
- At least a BS degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in data engineering.
- Demonstrated impact designing and implementing solutions (Cloud solutions preferred).
- Preferred: Experience working with a cloud-based data integration platform such as Snowflake, Databricks or Palantir’s Foundry software.
Preferred: Experience supporting a core drug discovery scientific discipline (chemistry, biology, and/or clinical).
- History of working successfully in a fast paced and rapidly growing cross-functional environment.
- Outstanding written and verbal technical communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team.
- Python and Pyspark
- AWS (EKS, CloudFormation, Lambda, EC2, Sagemaker, RDS)
- SQL (Postgres)
Working with us
Idiro is a dynamic technology company and a pioneer in the domain of analytics; by working with Idiro you will be at the cutting edge of machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI).
- An attractive and rewarding remuneration package
- The chance to be a part of an award-winning Data team gaining hands-on experience and training with our in-house team of Data Scientists, Analysts and Engineers.
- Access to work with our sought-after client base across multiple industries within, Finance, Telco, Pharmaceutical and Retail.
- We can offer support and assistance with visa applications and work permits for the right candidates.
- We are very happy to reward success and so, with Idiro, you will have an opportunity to craft your career in a flexible and supportive environment.
- Idiro supports flexible working
Idiro Analytics helps companies transform their data into revenue and growth. We operate at the cutting edge of technology delivering advanced analytics solutions including machine learning and AI technologies to help companies understand and predict customer behaviour.
Idiro Analytics is a diverse, tolerant, and supportive workplace – we welcome applications from women, ethnic minorities, members of the LGBT community, people with disabilities or any other sector of society who have suffered, or continue to suffer, discrimination.