We are currently looking for an Image Analyst to join our growing team. The position is on an initial contract basis for 9 months with a strong likelihood for extensions into multiyear renewals.
The role is working with our client who is a global biotechnology leader focusing on Therapeutics and Drug discovery. You will be part of this innovative and dynamic team that are working on a scientific mission designing, developing, and supporting a cloud-based scientific software environment and infrastructure for data collection, integration, and analysis.
The successful candidate will collaborate with cross-department scientists and data professionals to enable the discovery and development of novel medicines.
This position is fully remote.
- Analysing images at the cellular scale (as opposed to tissue/medical images) using conventional libraries such as ImageJ, CellProfiler, etc., and optionally/ideally with ML-based approaches.
- Developing and evaluating colocalization algorithms for an internal R&D team.
- As a member of the Image Analysis team, the Image Analyst is responsible for all quantitative results generated in an imaging study
- The analyst will work under the supervision of a lead analyst on a project-by-project basis.
- Analyze image data and associated non-image data
- Assist with processing of image data
- Manage data on online project repositories
- Create images, plots, and reports for clients
- Automate workflows by implementing software scripts
- Guided internal development work
- Participate in planning and estimation sessions
- Document the design, development, and delivery of technical solutions
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of operations, processes, and business objectives, transfer this knowledge to other team members and utilise on projects and tasks
- Work in proximity with team leads; collaborating across departments to achieve targets
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail and an ability to work to deadlines
- Effective communication with management and team leads
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience analysing images at the cellular scale (as opposed to tissue/medical images) using conventional libraries such as ImageJ, CellProfiler, etc., and optionally/ideally with ML-based approaches.
- Knowledge of colocalization algorithms a big plus.
- BS in a relevant field (e.g. engineering, mathematics, physics, chemistry or biology)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Superior time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good problem-solving skills
- Beneficial but not essential to have direct experience in Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology or Life Science.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team.
What’s in it for you
- The opportunity to work in an exciting and novel environment on drug discovery and the development of life-changing medicines.
- An attractive and rewarding remuneration package
- The chance to be a part of the award winning Idiro team, gaining hands-on experience and training with our in-house team of Data Scientists, Analysts and Engineers.
- Access to other placements with our sought-after clients across multiple industries within Finance, Telco, Pharmaceutical and Retail.
Working with us
- Idiro is a dynamic technology company and a pioneer in the domain of analytics; by working with Idiro you will be at the cutting edge of machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI).
- We are very happy to reward success and so, with Idiro, you will have an opportunity to craft your career in a flexible and supportive environment.
- Idiro supports flexible working.
Idiro Analytics helps companies transform their data into revenue and growth. We operate at the cutting edge of technology delivering advanced analytics solutions including machine learning and AI technologies to help companies understand and predict customer behaviour.
Idiro Analytics is a diverse, tolerant, and supportive workplace – we welcome applications from women, ethnic minorities, members of the LGBT community, people with disabilities or any other sector of society who have suffered, or continue to suffer, discrimination.