Data Scientist Apprenticeship Programme
We are looking for ambitious apprentices to join our talented team. This is an excellent opportunity for you to join a dynamic and innovative team working on exciting data projects in a number of different industries. We provide a supportive, fun working environment to help support our staff to deliver the highest quality results and commercial value to our clients.
The 9 month apprenticeship programme will be broken into 3 stages. At the end of each stage apprentices will be evaluated on a go/no go basis. For the second and third stages a stipend will be paid. The apprentice will be assigned an Idiro mentor and will receive training in different areas such as data mining and its application to business problem solving. At the end of 9 months, successful apprentices will be considered for full time employment with the company.
Objective of apprenticeship
• Develop a deep understanding of how data science can be applied to business and the world around us.
• Learn how to manipulate, transform and wrangle data from different data sources.
• Become proficient in real-world data science and the many and varied modelling techniques and technologies that make data science possible.
• Engage with internal and external clients and master how to present and discuss the outcomes of data mining and predictive modelling with a wide variety of stakeholders.
• You posses a drive to further your skills and work on exciting data analytics projects.
• You are familiar with tools such as R, Python, SAS, Tableau or Qlik as well as having worked with SQL and relational databases.
• Good communication and presentation skills as well as excellent written and spoken English.
• You must be eligible to work in the EU.
• Having knowledge of Linux, Java and Red Sqirl would be an advantage.
The position is suitable for recent graduates. Final year students may be considered.
To apply please submit your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.