Senior Data Analyst
Data Quality team
We are currently looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join our growing team. We can take people on as contractors or employees. The role is with our client who is one of the big 4 National Banks in Ireland and you will be part of their Chief Analytics Office on their Data Quality Team.
The ideal candidate will perform data quality profiling for data elements that feed models used to calculate probability of defaulting on a loan and the expected credit loss.
They will be responsible for conducting both recurring and ad hoc analysis for business and technical users.
- Work with the data lineage team to extract the key data points used in the models and in particular the definition of default.
- Using the lineage, clarify which periodic tables to base tests off (requires ability to use excel for VLOOKUP’s).
- Identify the tests to perform on each data point from a list of prescribed tests per data element type.
- Work with Data & Engineering to ensure that the stored procedure that executes the tests includes all relevant tests.
- Where the stored procedure needs updating, take the lead on managing the definition of the requirements and related testing to ensure that the procedure is updated.
- Prepare the inputs to the stored procedure to ensure that all fields to be tested are included.
- Execute the stored procedure to produce the outputs.
- Update an excel-based reporting tool to highlight any outliers in the profile of the data.
- Work with business lines that create the data to explain the outliers.
Skills and Technical Proficiencies
- Skills and Technical Proficiencies.
- A self-starter that can plan their work, execute it and report on progress with minimal input from manager.
- Strong data analysis skills with a curiosity about data.
- Strong SQL development skills (5+ years) and strong excel skills
- Knowledge of data warehousing.
- Experience with Enterprise Data Warehouses in a Banking environment will be an advantage.
- Expert level SQL skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience.
- Expert skills with Teradata Databases.
What’s in it for you
- The opportunity to work with one of the big 4 national Irish banks.
- An attractive and rewarding remuneration package.
- The chance to be a part of the award winning Idiro Analytics team, gaining first-hand experience and training with our in-house team of Data Scientists, Analysts and Engineers.
- Access to placements with our sought-after clients across multiple industries within Finance, Telco, Pharmaceutical and Retail.
What’s in it for you
- Idiro is a dynamic technology company and a pioneer in the domain of analytics; by working with Idiro you will be at the cutting edge of machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI).
- We are happy to reward success and so, with Idiro, you will have an opportunity to craft your career in a flexible and supportive environment.
- Idiro supports flexible working.
Idiro Analytics helps companies transform their data into revenue and growth. We operate at the cutting edge of technology delivering advanced analytics solutions including machine learning and AI technologies to help companies understand and predict customer behaviour.
Idiro Analytics is a diverse, tolerant, and supportive workplace – we welcome applications from women, ethnic minorities, members of the LGBT community, people with disabilities or any other sector of society who have suffered, or continue to suffer, discrimination.