We are currently looking for a UI Developer with Spotfire/Java Script skills to join our growing team. The position is on an initial contract basis for 9 months with a strong likelihood for extensions into multiyear renewals.
The role is working with our client who is a global biotechnology leader focusing on Therapeutics and Drug discovery.
You will be part of this innovative and dynamic team that are working on a scientific mission designing, developing, and supporting a cloud-based scientific software environment and infrastructure for data collection, integration, and analysis. The successful candidate will collaborate with cross-department scientists and data professionals to enable the discovery and development of novel medicines.
This position is fully remote.
- We are looking for a creative, skilled UI developer to prototype visualization-heavy applications in Spotfire, and potentially productionizing one or more of these apps in another framework
- You will work with back-end developers and web developers to ensure that the application is optimized for several devices and presented in an attractive way.
- Developing high-quality, testable, and maintainable applications with best-practice design.
- Building reusable components and maintaining the application.
- Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code.
- Contributing to the team pull requests
- Learning new technologies, development practices and patterns.
- Improving work practices
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of operations, processes, and business objectives, transfer this knowledge to other team members and utilise on projects and tasks
- Work in proximity with team leads; collaborating across departments to achieve targets
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail and an ability to work to deadlines
- Effective communication with management and team leads
Qualifications and Skills
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of key design principles.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree preferably in a technology field
- Beneficial but not essential to have direct experience in Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology or Life Science.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team.
What’s in it for you
- The opportunity to work in an exciting and novel environment on drug discovery and the development of life-changing medicines.
- An attractive and rewarding remuneration package
- The chance to be a part of the award winning Idiro team, gaining hands-on experience and training with our in-house team of Data Scientists, Analysts and Engineers.
- Access to other placements with our sought-after clients across multiple industries within Finance, Telco, Pharmaceutical and Retail.
Working with us
- Idiro is a dynamic technology company and a pioneer in the domain of analytics; by working with Idiro you will be at the cutting edge of machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI).
- We are very happy to reward success and so, with Idiro, you will have an opportunity to craft your career in a flexible and supportive environment.
- Idiro supports flexible working.
Idiro Analytics helps companies transform their data into revenue and growth. We operate at the cutting edge of technology delivering advanced analytics solutions including machine learning and AI technologies to help companies understand and predict customer behaviour.
Idiro Analytics is a diverse, tolerant, and supportive workplace – we welcome applications from women, ethnic minorities, members of the LGBT community, people with disabilities or any other sector of society who have suffered, or continue to suffer, discrimination.